Grounds Maintenance Operative
Turney Landscapes is a company with over thirty years expertise and experience in grounds maintenance and associated operations. Established in 1982, our Head Office is in Milton Keynes and we also have depots in Hertford and Raunds. We are currently seeking experienced grounds maintenance operatives to work from both our Milton Keynes and Hertford sites. Reporting to our Contracts Director / Contract Manager, the successful applicant will carry out all various forms of grounds maintenance operations to a high standard of finish and efficiency. A clean and current driving licence will be required as some driving of company vehicles may be required.
Main Duties and Responsibilities.
- Ensure that our policies and procedures are adhered to at all times and that all legal requirements and good practises are observed.
- Work as part of a flexible team in performing maintenance services to agreed work schedules and contract specifications.
- Carry out grass cutting operations, utilising strimmers, hand / push mowers and ride-on mowers.
- Keep client sites clean and tidy through the collection of litter and or fly-tipping.
- Undertake hedge cutting operations using long arm hedge trimmers and or access equipment.
- Carry out shrub bed maintenance, pruning, leaf clearance and other horticultural maintenance as specified by the contract.
- Ensure that plant, machinery and equipment is operated correctly.
- Maintain and take responsibility for the equipment, carrying out daily checks and cleaning when appropriate.
- Ensure that the quality of workmanship and delivery complies with current regulations / legislation, accepted professional standards, company policies and procedures.
- Assist both team leaders, site supervisors and colleagues to achieve daily and weekly targets / objectives.
- Carry out landscaping or other environmental improvement works. Operations could include but not restricted to:- ground preparation, turfing, seeding, shrub and tree planting.
- Carry out any other reasonable duties as requested by our site management.
- PTS and Sentinel cards, together with experience of working on Network Rail sites would be a distinct advantage.
Qualifications- NPTC. ( it is not necessary to hold all certificates ).
- Use of Strimmer.
- Use of Hedgecutter.
- Use of Ride-on-mower.
- Use of Push mower.
- Use of Blower.
- Use of Pole Pruner.
Remuneration and hours of work.
For the successful applicants we offer:-
07-30 to 16.30 Monday to Friday.
An attractive salary package, based on experience and qualifications.
Twenty days paid annual leave.
Overtime available – as / when workload dictates.
Applicants should apply by sending their current CV to:- firstname.lastname@example.org