Estimator – Landscaping sector
Salary depending on experience
Turney landscapes are looking for an enthusiastic new team member to join us at this exciting time and be a part of our successful growing business. This would be an ideal opportunity for someone who has built up their estimating experience and would now like the opportunity to develop further.
It would be advantageous if your background is within landscaping or construction however this is not essential, we are looking for a team player with a can-do attitude that can take responsibility for completing and managing their own workload.
Duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Price work in a timely manner with all supporting documentation
- Gaining quotes from suppliers and contractors within timeframes
- Bringing new ideas to improve the cost estimating process
- Monitoring costs on projects to help improve the estimation process
- Preparing progress reports on current works, working closely with other internal teams
- Supporting in bids and tenders
- Working on hard and soft landscaping projects worth over £2m
- Previous experience as an Estimator
- Strong communication skills
- Highly organised and numerate
- Familiar with Bill of Quantities and Schedule of Rates
- Handling month end commercial tasks
- Experience using estimating packages
- Proficient MS Office skills
- Critical-thinker and problem-solver.
- Able to work on multiple tasks and tenders at one given time
Turney Landscapes is a successful and respected family run business providing quality services across an array of industries for over nearly 40 years.
We are renowned for our strong reputation, which is the cornerstone of the business and built on the professional services we provide to local authorities, housing associations, schools, colleges and major construction companies.
Inclusion and Diversity
At Turney Landscapes LTD inclusion and diversity are central to our values. We recognise that being an inclusive and diverse organisation makes us stronger as a business.
We seek to attract and recruit people who reflect the diverse nature of our clients and communities, regardless of sexual orientation, gender identity, ethnicity, nationality, faith or belief, social background, age and disability. Turney Landscapes LTD selects candidates based on skills, knowledge, qualifications and experience.
To apply for this position please email your current CV to Rhian on email@example.com or for more information please call 01908 281127