Tree Surgeons – Hertford and Milton Keynes
Turney Landscapes is a company with over thirty years of expertise in tree surgery and associated operations. Established in 1982, our Head Office is in Milton Keynes and we also have depots in Hertford. We are currently seeking experienced tree surgeons to work from both our Milton Keynes and Hertford sites. Reporting to our Contracts Director / Contract Manager, the successful applicant will carry out all aspects of tree care operations in line with industry and statutory standards. A clean and current driving licence will be required, as some driving of company vehicles may be required.
Skills / Abilities / Knowledge
- The successful applicant will be required to carry out tree care operations to the current industry standards, in accordance with the needs of the particular species and their associated environment.
- Ability to undertake physically demanding work on the ground or at height within the tree or from hydraulic platforms.
- The ability to use, maintain and direct the use of appropriate plant, equipment and machinery ie. chainsaws, wood chippers and stump grinding equipment, in a safe and competent manner.
- Be able to communicate in a clear and polite manner with colleagues and members of the general public.
- Have knowledge of current arboricultural practises, management and maintenance techniques, including legislation and guidelines.
- To be able to maintain accurate records.
- Have the ability to work within and contribute positively to a team.
- Be able to respond to emergency situations in a calm and decisive manner.
- Maintain all allocated equipment, eg. ropes and harnesses, basic hand tools, power tools, personal protective equipment etc. Ensure all safety checks are carried out in accordance with company policy and procedures.
- Ensure that the mechanical condition and security of vehicles and machinery used in operations is maintained in a safe and secure manner.
- PTS and Sentinel cards, together with experience of working on Network Rail sites would be a distinct advantage.
- NPTC Unit CS30 – Maintaining a chainsaw.
- NPTC Unit CS31 – Felling small trees.
- NPTC Unit CS38 – Climb trees and perform aerial rescue.
- NPTC Unit CS39 – Operate chainsaw from rope and harness.
Remuneration and hours of work.
For the successful applicant we offer:-
07-30 to 16.30 Monday to Friday.
An attractive salary package, based on experience and qualifications.
Twenty days paid annual leave.
Overtime available – as / when workload dictates.
Applicants should apply by sending the current CV to:- firstname.lastname@example.org